BABA AU RHUM
For those of you looking for the perfect dessert, look no further. This Baba Au Rhum is a classic dessert, made up of a super soaked brioche cake served with our very own Mt.Gay Black Barrel Rum, Apprentice Edition and housemade caramelized pineapple ice cream.
Not only is this cake the jam because it has our very own rum in it, but it is not for the faint of heart or anyone under 21, really. We also thought a feature would be great because it's so easy to make. And what's even better, is that if you ask very nicely, we might even sell you a bottle of our Mt. Gay Black Barrel Rum. If you're lucky! So here's the recipe, good luck!
Let's start with the most important part of this recipe, the Rum Syrup......
Sugar - 2 cups Water - 1/2 cup Rum - 1/2 cup
1. Bring the sugar and water to a boil, then chill
2. Stir in rum and let sit
Next let's make some Baba cakes! Here are your ingredients.......
You can use muffin tins for this recipe.
AP Flour - 1 1/2 cups Salt - 1/4 teaspoon Yeast - 1 Tablespoon Sugar - 2 teaspoons Milk, warm - 1/3 cup Butter - 1 cup Eggs - 3
1. Spray baba tins or muffin tins with pan spray
2. Bloom yeast in warm milk with sugar and 1 Tablespoon flour ~ 10 minutes
3. Rub butter into salt and remaining flour - crumbly
4. Add yeast mix and eggs to flour until smooth ~ 2 minutes
5. Proof until doubled ~ 45 minutes
6. Beat again for 2 minutes with spatula or hand
7. Fill prepared pans half way with dough (will be very loose, almost like a batter)
8. Proof, covered until dough reaches rim
9. Bake at 350° until golden and done ~ 20 minutes
Last but not least we're going to soak those little cakes! Soak cake until saturated and place on sheet trays to dry.
You have now made our Baba au Rhum. We serve it with a homemade pineapple ice cream. Enjoy!!!